Home » Curriculum and Class Schedule
Curriculum and Class Schedule
- Collect thorough patient data through patient inquiry; visual and olfactory observation, and palpation to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Formulate a diagnosis by identifying nature of the dysfunction, according to TCM theories of: Yin-Yang, Channel, Five Phases, Organ, and Triple Warmer.
- Determine an effective treatment strategy based on the diagnosis and the biomedical clinical process including history taking, laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures, as well as biomedical physical examination findings, pharmacological concepts, human anatomy and physiological processes.
- Select the appropriate treatment modalities including acupuncture, herbs, oriental manual therapy, exercise, and biomedical considerations.
- Plan and execute an herbal treatment including effective strategies for herbal formulation, composition, preparation, and biomedical interaction consistent with the pattern and treatment plan.
- Assess the effectiveness of the treatment strategy and execution by re-examination and modification, if required, based upon that assessment.
- Comply with established professional best practices in Oriental Medicine including: responsible record keeping and patient confidentiality; ethical prescribing and selling herbs; consultation and referral with appropriate biomedical or allied health practitioners; recognition of emergency care situations; and continued cultivation of compassion.